Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chaos, Crazies and Charasmania `part one``


My name is ``Jesse Padgett`` a 46 year old kustom car builder, a professional entertainer and the number one ``Jesse Padgett`` on the internet according to goggle search engines ... (which is very cool) ... But, let's just be honest... I am a Believer ... and even worse a Charasmatic Believer ... a Baptized by fire, blood washed, tounge speaking, annointed ... etc. etc. blah, blah, blah, Charasmatic ...... But, not by choice ... not by training or education ... and not by tradition ... (I`m thinking it is just random selection or maybe God`s twisted sense of humor and desire for good video)


I was born and raised in a little town in Missouri called Marblehill. My Mom and Dad became believers when I was very young and I began to believe when I was 5 or 6... my brother Jack told me a very compelling story about hell and my fingers burning off at bedtime and I decided to get things right with God... (well, I was 5, and had lived a very sinful life ever since I entered Kindergarden ... yes, my teacher was a hot blonde with big boob's and a beefont hair-do... I totally lusted after her) ... and my journey as a believer began.


We, as a family, went to a very conservative, evangelical, Plymouth Brethren Church that inspired me to become an evangelist and eventually enter into ``Full Time`` ministry... Which I have faithfully and happily done for most of my adult life.


I entered Bible college in 1983 and was ordained, or commended (for the first time...) in 1987... and in 1994 I had my first of many powerful and transforming encounters with God... (Penticostals would call this being filled or baptised in the Spirit, a revival, an awakening or a renewal)... but, it just freaked me out... I was neither trained nor prepared for this type of tranformation and was definately not desiring it... all I really know is that something happened, it was awesome, and it transformed my life.


Through many strange, super-natural and unexplainable events I ended up being the Sr. Pastor of a very influential Vineyard church in Langley B.C. I remember saying to a friend as a youth pastor in Montreal that if I could go to any church in the world it would be `The Langley Vineyard``... two years later I was living in B.C. and leading ``The Langley Vineyard``... see what I mean.


Now, not to brag, ... but, to BRAG! ... I am really good at what I do ... I am an incredible preacher/motivational speaker, ... Incredible ... I have preached to hundreds of thousands of people all over the world with great success ... I have a very powerful gift ... a gift that inspires people to believe what they do not believe ... Powerful ... I have seen things that you would not believe unless you saw them yourself and even I sometimes doubt even though I did see them ... and when it comes to doing what I believe... I do, and am what I believe ... to a fault ... and at the risk of ending my career ... I am authentic, honest and truthful ... I am, and have always been influencial, an early adaptor, a change agent and a trend setter in the business of church... but, this new thing I started leading in 1998 was a wild and unpredictable beast that was out to kill me from the very start ... and it did ... and I think I know why.

1 comment:

Heidi Renee said...

can't wait for pt 2!! keep writing jesse!